476 Visa Overview

The skilled-recognised graduate visa allows recent engineering graduates to live, work or study in Australia for up to 18 months. You must have completed a degree or higher qualification from a specified institution within the past 2 years, and be under 31 years of age. Your qualification needs to be at least an undergraduate (bachelor’s) or higher. Your family members can also join you in Australia during this time.
Among the range of visas we provide guidance for, this falls under the General Skilled Migration Category.

Subclass: 476 Visa
Stay Duration: Usually up to 18 months
DoHA Fees: AUD425. There is also a charge for each family member who applies for the visa with you.

Visa Conditions

As the visa applicant, you must,

  • be under 31 years of age
  • have completed an engineering degree at a specified educational institution in the past 2 years
  • not have previously been the primary visa holder of subclass 476 or subclass 485 visas.

Visa Eligibility

  • You can be in or outside Australia when you apply for the visa. When the visa is granted, you must be outside Australia. Family members making a combined application must also be outside of Australia when the visa is granted.If you are the holder of a Special Category (subclass 444) visa, you and family members who made a combined application can be in or outside Australia when the visa is granted.
  • You must have completed an engineering course in the last two years in the undergraduate or higher level (bachelors degree; masters degree; doctoral degree; postgraduate diploma)
  • You must be under 31 years of age.
  • The qualification you achieve must be in an engineering discipline, such as;
    • civil engineering
    • structural engineering
    • chemical engineering
    • environmental engineering
    • electrical and electronics engineering
    • mechanical, production and plant engineering
    • mining and material engineering
  • You must have completed your engineering qualification at a specified educational institution. Any college or university that offers engineering qualification accredited under the Washington Accord is a specified institution. If you studied at an institution or college that is only affiliated with a Washington Accord specified institution, you would not satisfy this requirement.
  • Engineering degree or higher qualification from the following education providers is also accepted;
    • Argentina – Catholic University of Argentina
    • Brazil – Federal University of Minas Gerais
    • Chile – Universidad Catolica del Norte
    • Chile – Catholic University of Chile
    • Chile – University of Chile
    • Chile – University of Concepcion
    • Finland – HUT, Helsinki
    • Germany – RWTH, Aachen
    • Germany – Technical University of Berlin
    • Germany – Technical University of Clausthal
    • Germany – TU Bergakademie Freiberg
    • Germany – University of Hannover
    • Hungary – University of Miskolc
    • India – Anna University, Chennai
    • India – Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
    • India – Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
    • India – Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
    • India – Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
    • Iran – Amir Kabir University of Technology
    • Iran – University of Tehran
    • People’s Republic of China – Beijing Normal University
    • People’s Republic of China – Beijing Petroleum University
    • People’s Republic of China – Beijing University of Chemical Technology
    • People’s Republic of China – Beijing University of Technology
    • People’s Republic of China – China University of Mining and Technology, Beijing
    • People’s Republic of China – Guangzhou University
    • People’s Republic of China – Shanghai University of Engineering Science
    • People’s Republic of China – Shanghai Jiaotong University
    • People’s Republic of China – Tongji University
    • People’s Republic of China – Tsinghua University
    • People’s Republic of China – University of Science and Technology, Beijing
    • Philippines – University of the Philippines
    • Poland – Wroclaw University of Technology
    • Slovakia – TU Kosice
    • Sweden – Lulea University of Technology
    • Tanzania – University of Dar es Salaam
  • You must not have previously been the primary holder of a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) visa or a Skilled – Recognised Graduate (subclass 476) visa unless you held one as members of the family unit.
  • You must provide evidence of English proficiency unless you hold a valid passport from the United Kingdom, the United States of America, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland.An overall score of at least 6 with a minimum score of 5 for each of the 4 parts in IELTS OR Overall score of at least 50 with a minimum score of 36 for each of the 4 parts in PTE Academic is accepted.
  • Your and any family member included in the application must meet all the health and character requirements
  • If you or any family members owe the Australian Government money, you or they must have paid it back or arranged to pay it back.
  • If you are 18 years of age or older, you must: have read, or had explained to you, the Life in Australia booklet AND sign an Australian Values Statement that confirms you will respect the Australian way of life and obey Australian laws
  • With under 18 applicants, it must be in the best interest of them.

Note: If you have had a visa cancelled or previous application refused, you may not be granted a visa.

General Notes

  • You can’t stay in Australia longer by extending this visa, as you can’t be granted another Skilled – Recognised Graduate visa. You will need to apply for another visa. Consult with our expert registered migration agents to explore your visa options.
  • You can include members of the family unit in your application when you apply. If we grant you the visa, your family members might be able to apply to join you in Australia later as a subsequent entrants.

Visa Extension

Skilled-Recognized Graduate visa holders are allowed to enter or remain in Australia until 14 April 2024, as long as they:

  • currently hold or have held a Skilled-Recognized Graduate (subclass 476) visa granted before 14 December 2021 and expiring on or after 1 February 2020.
  • have been outside Australia at any time between 1 February 2020 and 14 December 2021 while holding a Skilled-Recognized Graduate visa
  • not have had their visa cancelled.

How can KBA Global assist you with your 476 visa application?

With a team of experts led by registered migration agents, KBA Global proudly stands as one of the very few highly trusted consultancies for its efficient, reliable services, and high visa success rates.

At KBA Global, all of our clients are served by highly qualified and trained migration agents who review each case thoroughly in adherence to the requirements set by the respective authorities.

Our expert and experienced migration agents will provide personalised service for your needs and availability to ensure your visa success. We are there for you to provide an in-depth understanding of what is required to get the visa and will provide help throughout the visa process.

Get in Touch

No matter your needs, we’ve got you covered.

We have a team of skilled, experienced, registered migration agents and education consultants from a variety of professional backgrounds, who have helped people from all over the world immigrate to Australia successfully.

We can provide you with answers or clarifications for any of your questions or concerns regarding the graduate visa 476, including the visa conditions, eligibility, costs, and the documents that you need to submit with your application.

Other visa pages

No matter your needs, we've got you covered.

Book a free consultation