WA Invitation Round

Update: WA has closed new nomination applications for their State Nominated Migration Programme (SNMP) effective February 2, 2024. The next WA invitation round will happen in the next programme year (July 2024). 

So far, three invitation rounds have been conducted, each in August, October and November 2023. Below is an overview of the program’s status based on the latest invitation round.

WA 190 Invitation Round

Below are the number of nominations used and the remaining nomination places from Western Australia’s latest 190 invitation round. 

Visa TypeTotal Number of NominationsRemaining Nomination Places
WA Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)1,47921

For this visa, a total of 1500 nomination places were allocated for 2023-2024.

WA 491 Invitation Round

For the 491 invitation round in WA, these are the latest results.

Visa TypeTotal Number of NominationsRemaining Nomination Places
WA Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) State and Territory Nominated77476

Only 800 nomination places were allocated for the 491 visa for the current programme year.

WA State Nomination Requirements

Eligibility criteria and requirements can vary depending on the nomination stream you choose.

General Stream WASMOL Schedule 1

To be eligible, you must:

  • Meet minimum eligibility requirements set by the Department of Home Affairs for the intended visa subclass
  • Have a nominated occupation on the WA Skilled Migration Occupation List (WASMOL) Schedule 1
  • Achieve at least Competent English skills
  • Have at least 1 year of Australian OR overseas paid work experience (at least 20 hours a week) in your nominated or closely related occupation over the last 10 years
  • Have full-time employment contract in WA for at least 6 months in your nominated or closely related occupation

Note: This only applies for 190 visa applications

General Stream WASMOL Schedule 2

To be eligible, you must:

  • Meet minimum eligibility requirements set by the Department of Home Affairs for the intended visa subclass
  • Have a nominated occupation on the WA Skilled Migration Occupation List (WASMOL) Schedule 2
  • Have positive skills assessment in your nominated occupation
  • Achieve at least Competent English skills
  • Have full-time employment contract in WA for at least 6 months in your nominated or closely related occupation

Note: 

This only applies to 190 visa applicants, excluding those invited a WA building and construction industry sector occupation.

Graduate Stream

To be eligible, you must:

  • Meet minimum eligibility requirements set by the Department of Home Affairs for the intended visa subclass
  • Have a nominated occupation on the Graduate Occupation List (GOL)
  • Achieve at least Competent English skills
  • Have completed at least a Certificate III level qualification from an accredited WA educational institution
  • Have studied for at least 2 academic years, full time on campus

Note: Up to 75% of nominations are allocated for higher education graduates (Bachelor, Masters, PhD), with the remaining 25% designated for VET graduates.

Skilled Occupation List WA

Visit the WA Migration website for a comprehensive list of eligible occupations for the program year 2023-2024.

western australia 2023-24 eligible occupations image thumbnail

Snapshot from Migration WA website

You can check the appropriate filters in the WA occupation list to see which occupations are eligible for each stream and visa type.

Get professional visa guidance for a seamless migration

With over 10 years of industry experience, our experienced migration agents at KBA Global are ready to offer you tailored guidance and data-based advice. 

Your success is all we care about, which is why we’ll be upfront with you on what you can expect and how you can improve your chances of receiving an invitation.

Everything starts with a simple call. Book a free consultation with one of our registered migration agents today!

Disclaimer: The above information is a general guide and not professional immigration advice. Be aware that immigration laws and regulations can change swiftly, potentially rendering some or all of the information outdated. Thus, before using the information above, we recommend checking the current laws through assistance from a migration agent or the Department of Home Affairs website.